Friday, February 20, 2009

Welcome!

“Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.” –Romans 12:2, NIV

Welcome! Let me introduce myself: I am a minority thinker. As a Christian, my perspective is not very popular in the culture at large. Yet, even within the church, where I am surrounded by others who share my basic worldview, my thoughts tend to be in the minority. I have been blessed and cursed with a way of thinking that is just different from most people’s. You might call me a nonconformist.

I’ve resisted starting my own blog for a long time. I’ve never been crazy about doing things that are too popular, and there are already far too many unread blogs out there. What would make my blog worth reading? Plus, as a full-time mother, I don’t really have a lot of time to write on spec, which is essentially what I’m doing right now – writing something that others may or may not want to read in the hopes that I will gain someone’s interest and maybe even a little cash and renown. I have blogged, though, both as a freelancer for an established blog, www.savingadvice.com/blog (you may see some reprints from there on this blog), and as a ghostwriter for another blogger whose position of leadership brings an inherent following from his organization.

So why am I jumping on the blog bandwagon now? Many of the things I want to write about have no real market, but I still feel compelled to write them. I know that my ideas are in the minority, but I hope that by putting them out in Cyberspace I will find some readers who will let me know I am not alone and some other readers who will challenge me to adjust or amend my thoughts. To that end, I welcome thoughtful comments that both agree and disagree with me. Please be civil, though – I will delete comments that contain personal attacks on me or others.

I want this blog to be about ideas, not events. I will speak from my personal experience, which is nothing out of the ordinary, but I plan to use anecdotes from my life a basis for talking about bigger ideas that apply to others with ordinary lives. I hope I will challenge you to think more deeply, to examine your own life from a different perspective. Conversely, I hope you will comment freely and encourage me to renew my mind on a regular basis.

Thanks for reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Agree or disagree, but please comment respectfully.